Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Almost a month! Did you miss me?

Life has been INSANE.  School didn't end until June 4th.  Several kids had science projects due, there were field trips and end-of-year parties and all that.  Jason, who is working on a master's program at Denver Seminary, finished the spring semester and immediately started a 2 week intensive that had him in school 5 days each week, homework in the evenings, papers due, reading... you get the idea- and he does still have a full-time job.  On top of all that I got sick 3 times in 4 weeks.  One of my illnesses was food poisoning of some kind.  Wow.  That was one of the most miserable nights of my life.

We've celebrated my birthday, Mother's Day, Jason's birthday and John's birthday.  My mother-in-law came to visit.  We've had special stuff going on at church.  I put in an organic garden that is quite large.  I've been attempting to Spring clean AND soon we're going on a family trip that I'm also trying to get us ready for.  Did I mention that life has been INSANE???

There is much to blog about and yet I'm short on time.

I want to tell you  more about my journey toward living more simply.  I still need to go to the next level with my blogger experiment on homosexuality.  I've been thinking a TON about how God intended church to look and why most churches don't seem to closely resemble that and what I need to do about it for me.  I want to tell you about my organic garden and how amazing it is to watch seeds sprout into little plants and then watch those plants grow and start to produce food.

I also want to tell you about how calm and well-behaved the kids have been lately inspite of all the insanity.  I've got pictures to show from the birthday celebrations and fun family times.  And, after our trip, there will be much more.

I guess all this is just to let you know that I do still have intentions of posting here and I wanted to list out some of the things that I want to talk about so that I don't forget.  Hopefully this will also add a little accountability to the mix so that I'll get back here sooner to start catching up.

1 comment:

L said...

I am glad you are okay! I started reading your blog shortly before you "disappeared" lol. Sorry about the insanity of things lately but glad it's been productive for you all! I'll be interested to read what you have to say on homosexuality. It's a topic that's personally touched me and I was always taught that the Lord sees it as sin, plain and simple. But is ANYTHING REALLY that simple? Take care, Lori